Meadowlands Shopping Plaza recognises the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We are committed to the protection of your personal information. Our policies comply with our legal obligations and are intended to protect your privacy in respect of any personal information that you may provide to us.
What information we collect and why
When you become a registered user of Meadowlands.co.nz or whatswhat.co.nz in particular when you subscribe to receive information from Meadowlands Shopping Plaza, we ask for your:
- email address
- City/Region and
On the site we invite you to:
- submit your Resume to us for consideration of job vacancies
- tell us about your shopping experiences at Meadowlands Shopping Plaza by completing a customer service survey.
If you submit your Resume to us, we will keep it in a database for consideration of particular jobs that arise within Meadowlands Shopping Plaza.
The Customer Service Survey that you complete will be used to help us improve our services at Meadowlands Shopping Plaza centres, or to improve our web site.
We update the information we hold about you, for example, your Resume, when you provide or we receive new information about you.
Who collects the information
The information collected about you which is held or used in connection with this site may be collected by:
- Meadowlands Shopping Plaza;
- the owners of the shopping centres featured on the Meadowlands.co.nz site.
We refer to each of these people in this policy as "us", "we" or "Meadowlands Shopping Plaza".
How your information is stored
Information held about you (for example, your E-mail Newsletter subscriptions) is held in a database. The database is protected by a firewall as well as host-based security. The data is not transmitted over the Internet once it has been stored in the database. If Meadowlands Shopping Plaza ever has a requirement to transmit the data over the Internet (For example, to make an off-site backup) it will be in encrypted form.
The electronic environments are real-time monitored by Meadowlands Shopping Plaza and a third party specialist security monitoring company.
How you can unsubscribe from the Email Newsletters service
You can choose to unsubscribe from our Email Newsletters service by logging into the system and deselecting your initial choices from the Email Newsletters section.
There is no fee for this access.
Disclosing your information
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private, so we will disclose personal information we have about you only in certain specific circumstances, when:
- you agree to the disclosure;
- we use it for the purposes we collected it; or
- disclosure is required or authorised by law.
We may also disclose information about you to:
- related companies for marketing purposes
- government agencies as part of our statutory obligations
We may also contact you via e-mail on behalf of our partners who may wish to share special offers with you. However we will not reveal your personal information to such partners.
Other information we collect
We may also collect the following information during your visit:
- the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our site, or alternatively, your IP address;
- the date and time you accessed each page on our web site
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer)
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information so that we can tell which pages are the most popular and where shoppers spend most of their time. We use this information to improve our site.
Junk mail or unsolicited email
You will only receive emails from Meadowlands.co.nz if:
- A friend nominates you to receive a page from the Meadowlands site. The email will be sent to you on behalf of your friend. You will not receive subsequent e-mail from us, because Meadowlands will not record your e-mail address.
- You request information about our services when you choose to contact us. You will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mail in the matter that you have contacted us about.
- You provide your details and request that we contact you when you send us your Resume or when you complete our Customer Service Survey.
What is a cookie and what are they used for?
Tips on sending us information
While we do all we can to guard your privacy, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure. When you share your information with us, it is at your own risk. There are ways you can help maintain the secrecy of your information:
- always close your browser when you have finished your user session
- ensure others cannot access your personal information and emails if you use a public computer.
If something goes wrong
Please contact us by email or by phone, using our Contact Us function if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your personal information by mistake
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way
We will try to satisfy any privacy questions that you have and correct any errors on our part. If you still have concerns please contact our Privacy Officer by email on email@example.com, or phoning (+64 9) 375 6827.
Changes to our Privacy Statement